Guarantees of origin
The company OKTE, as, ensures the registration, transfers and organization of the market with guarantees of the origin of electricity from renewable energy sources and guarantees of the origin of electricity produced by highly efficient cogeneration on the basis of Act no. 251/2012 Coll. on Energy and on Amendments to Certain Acts as Amended ( Energy Act ), Act no. 309/2009 Coll. on the support of renewable energy sources and highly efficient cogeneration and on the amendment of certain acts as amended ( Act on the Support of Renewable Energy Sources ), Act no. 250/2012 Coll. on Regulation in Network Industries, as amended ( Act on Regulation), Decree of the Office for Regulation of Network Industries no. 24/2013 Coll., Which lays down the rules for the functioning of the internal electricity market and the rules for the functioning of the internal gas market, as amended ( Market Rules ) and the Operating Rules of OKTE, as ( Operating Rules ). The said business activity of the company is regulated and is subject to price regulation by the Office for the Regulation of Network Industries.
Activities related to issue, recognition, application and revocation mean:
- Electronic record keeping:
- guarantees of origin issued,
- guarantees of origin transferred between account holders,
- recognized guarantees of origin from non-AIB Member States,
- guarantees of origin applied by the electricity supplier,
- canceled guarantees of origin.
- Creation and maintenance of accounts of electricity producers and electricity suppliers for the purpose of performing activities related to the issuance and use of guarantees of origin.
- Organizing auctions for guarantees of origin in the case of electricity for which the producer has exercised the right to support under § 3 para. 1 letter c) or letter e) of the Act on RES and VÚKVET,
OKTE, as provides this activity through the information system for registration of guarantees of origin (IS ZPE).
Transfer of competence from the Office for the Regulation of Network Industries
As part of a comprehensive reform of support for electricity produced from RES and VÚKVET pursuant to Act no. 309/2018 Coll., Amending and supplementing Act no. 309/2009 Coll. on the support of RES and VÚKVET and on the amendment of certain acts as amended, the competence of the registration of guarantees of origin of electricity from RES and VÚKVET is transferred from the Office to OKTE, as, with effect from 1.1.2020.
Amendment to Act No. 309/2009 Coll. regulates the treatment of guarantees of origin as follows:
- Activities related to guarantees of origin are being transferred from the Office for the Regulation of Network Industries (ÚRSO) to OKTE, as
- Supervision over the registration, transfer and cancellation of guarantees of origin continues to be performed by ÚRSO
- Maintaining requirements in accordance with the European Directive on the promotion of RES (2009/28 / EC)
- Creation and modification of the energy mix of electricity supply (induced amendment to the Energy Act)